1. The one and only true God is the Triune God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:20).
2. Every human being is conceived and born in sin, and is under the sentence of eternal death (Ephesians 2:1-10; Psalm 51:5).
3. Jesus Christ, true God and true man, is the only Savior from sin (John 1:1-3, 14). By His perfect life and sacrificial death, He won the forgiveness of sins for everyone (1 John 2:2). Jesus rose from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-5); and now reigns at the right hand of God, Lord of all (Ephesians 4:10-12).
4. We are justified, or declared not guilty, in the sight of God and are rescued from sin, death, and damnation, not by our works, but by God's undeserved kindness (grace), given as a free gift through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-28).
5. The forgiveness of sins, eternal life, and salvation, are offered and delivered to us through the Gospel, that is, in the preached and written Word, in Holy Absolution, in Holy Baptism, and in the Lord's Supper (Luke 24:47; Matthew 28:19; John 20:21-23; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
6. The Christian life is one of repentance and faith (Matthew 12:33). Good works are the fruit of faith in Christ (John 15:5).
7. Jesus Christ will return on the Last Day to raise all the dead; to condemn those who reject Him in unbelief to hell and eternal punishment, and to give eternal life to all who trust in Him for forgiveness, life, and salvation (Matthew 25:31-46).